WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS WEEK?
St. Therese needs your help preparing for and hosting the upcoming Auction! Volunteers can work from home, coordinate donations, or set up the night of.
Mr. Lazo needs a volunteer to hang materials up in the hallways for art classes.
AFTER SCHOOL CARE
Our after school program is a great way for our volunteers to interact with our students in various ways including playing games, tutoring, and applying the occasional band-aid or two.
Want to be a part of the students' favorite time of the school day? Let's go have some fun playing soccer, football, tag, and other games with our energetic kids.
We are always looking for more help around the school! Click the button below for volunteer opportunities in the classroom and the library.
THANKS FOR SERVIN'!
How do I become a Volunteer?
If you have already completed the training, skip the instructions below.
Every volunteer will need a background check and go through Virtus training. You can create an account here and follow the steps below. Once you are approved, we can place you.
(1) Make a Virtus account
- Click the "FIRST-TIME REGISTRANT" button
- Click "Begin the registration process."
- Select "Seattle, WA (Archdiocese)" as your organization
- Continue with prompts to create your account
(2) Initiate/pass a background check
- This item should be initiated when you create a Virtus account
- Any emails about the background check often get sent to junk/spam folders, be sure to check around there for any when the time comes!
(3) Take the "Protecting God's Children for Adults" training course (for volunteers 18 years old and over)
- Login to your Virtus account
- Click on the "Training" tab
- Click on "Live Training" on the left-hand side
- Click "Pre-register for an upcoming live training session in your area." Be aware that some are offered in-person and others are virtual zoom meetings.
PARENTS AND GUARDIANS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TRACKING ALL THEIR SERVICE HOURS
The form as well as additional information about your required service hours can be found by clicking the button below