THANKS FOR SERVIN'!
How do I become a Volunteer?
If you have already completed the training, skip the instructions below.
Every volunteer will need a background check and go through Virtus training. You can create an account here and follow the steps below. Once you are approved, we can place you.
(1) Make a Virtus account
- Click the "FIRST-TIME REGISTRANT" button
- Click "Begin the registration process."
- Select "Seattle, WA (Archdiocese)" as your organization
- Continue with prompts to create your account
(2) Initiate/pass a background check
- This item should be initiated when you create a Virtus account
- Any emails about the background check often get sent to junk/spam folders, be sure to check around there for any when the time comes!
(3) Take the "Protecting God's Children for Adults" training course (for volunteers 18 years old and over)
- Login to your Virtus account
- Click on the "Training" tab
- Click on "Live Training" on the left-hand side
- Click "Pre-register for an upcoming live training session in your area." Be aware that some are offered in-person and others are virtual zoom meetings.
WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS WEEK?
AFTER SCHOOL CARE
Our after school program is a great way for our volunteers to interact with our students in various ways including playing games, tutoring, and applying the occasional band-aid or two
STCA is a beautiful campus and it requires students and volunteers alike to help keep it that way. For those who are busy during the week, this is a great opportunity for you to help!
Want to be a part of the students' favorite time of the school day? Let's go have some fun playing soccer, football, tag, and other games with our energetic kids.
Keep your eyes out for more volunteering opportunities. We are always looking for more help around the school!